Full-throttle Tube Tone in a Pedalboard-friendly Stomp
Nothing beats the classics, and the Tech 21 SansAmp Classic pedal is back to prove this age-old proverb. A faithful re-creation of the original 1989 SansAmp Classic, this reissued version delivers full-force tones from many coveted tube amps in a compact, easy-to-use enclosure. It all starts with the 3-position Input switch, giving you distinct preamp options for Lead (similar to a hot-rodded Marshall), Normal (for a Mesa/Boogie-style sound), and Bass (much like a classic Fender amp). Once you choose your preamp, the real magic begins with a choice between SansAmp Classic's eight incredibly versatile Character DIP switches for fine-tuning things like tonality, harmonics, and dynamics. Sweetwater guitarists find these numbered switches incredibly useful when shaping their sound, with convenient labels to get you started.
Need some shimmering highs and added clarity? Toggle on the Clean Amp switch for instant access. Want to experiment with different mic placements? Switches for Speaker Edge and Close Miking settings will help you nail the sound you are seeking. For even greater variety, Presence Drive and Amplifier Drive controls let you shape the contours of the preamp and power amp, respectively, with a High control for final tweaks to the EQ. Whether a mainstay in your rig or a handy tool for the studio, the SansAmp Classic is a valuable addition to your sonic arsenal.
Tech 21 SansAmp Classic Tube Amp Emulator Pedal Features:
- USA-made reissue of 1989’s original SansAmp Classic
- Delivers full-force tones of coveted tube amps complete with characteristic warmth and saturation
- 3-position Input switch for your choice of preamp styles: Lead, Normal, and Bass
- Bank of 8 Character switches for fine-tuning tonality, harmonics, and dynamics
- Knobs for Presence Drive (preamp contours), Output (volume), Amplifier Drive (power amp contours), and High controls (final EQ balance)