This brand new Gretsch is sweet as southern tea or played with bite like bourbon, the Gretsch G5420T rings true with bright and clear tones. Get that jazz-box look plus electrifying Gretsch tone with the G5420T Electromatic hollowbody, complete with Filter'Trons and a Bigsby to ensure awesomeness.
Feature - What it does:
- 5-ply maple body - Sweetly resonant tone with strong, smooth highs
- Bigsby vibrato tailpiece - Classic top-mount vibrato adds resonant mass
- Black Top Filter'Tron pickups - Tight, bright and focused vintage tone
- Rosewood fretboard - Open, warm tone and smooth playing feel
A hollowbody hotrod fitted with all the tools for rocking and swinging sounds, the Gretsch G5420T comes ready to roll. Plug in and hear how its pair of "Black Top" Filter'Tron pickups deliver that bright twang you thought was only found south of the Mason-Dixon.
Hollow Construction Rings True
Built from 5-ply maple in a hollow body style, you'll hear the natural resonance of the G5420T before it ever touches a cable plug. The hollow design is lightweight and features a carved back, giving relief to guitarists who log lengthy gigs. The maple neck is cut a bit on the thicker side for players who like a chunkier feel.
Pickups Add Punch to Tone
The G5420T's "Black Top" Filter'Tron pickups are a throwback to the pickups featured on Baldwin-era Gretsch guitars in the '70s. These updated models give the guitar a bright, punchy sound to help your chicken-picked runs ring true. Twang and jangle are the guitar's specialty, but rolling down the master tone knob cuts out the treble to mellow the sound. If you're more of a rebel outlaw than country gentleman, the Filter'Tron pickups respond well to overdrive, making for a crisp attack on the bridge pickup and full-bodied blues tones in the neck position.
Classic Hardware with Modern Improvements
The G5420T comes equipped with a Bigsby-licensed B60 vibrato tailpiece positioned for easy access near your picking hand. The tailpiece is complimented by an Adjusto-Matic bridge, which can rock slightly along with the Bigsby to help reduce string friction. The bridge also allows for adjustments to be made to each string's intonation, so you can set up your guitar to play just right. The vintage style open-back tuners complete the classic look of the hardware set.
- 5-ply maple hollow body in single cutaway style
- Gloss urethane finish
- Maple neck with rosewood fretboard
- "Black Top" Filter'Tron pickups in bridge and neck position
- 3-position pickup switching
- Individual neck and bridge pickup volume, master volume, and master tone controls
- Bigsby-licensed B60 vibrato tailpiece
- Rosewood-based Adjusto-Matic bridge
- Open-backed tuners
- Binding around top and back of body and f-holes
- Body Material: 5-Ply Maple, Gloss Finish
- Upper Bout: 11.625"
- Lower Bout: 16"
- Waist: 9.625"
- Neck: Maple, "U" Shape, Gloss Finish
- Fingerboard: Rosewood, 12"
- Frets: 22, Medium Jumbo
- Position Inlays: Pearloid Neo-Classic Thumbnail
- Nut (Material/Width): Graph Tech NuBone, 1.6875"
- Tuning Machines: Vintage-Style Open-Back
- Scale Length: 24.6"
- Bridge: Adjusto-Matic, Secured Rosewood Base
- Tailpiece: Bigsby Licensed B60 Vibrato Tailpiece
- Pickguard: Silver Plexi with Black Gretsch Logo
- Pickups: Blacktop Filter'Tron (Bridge) Black Top Filter'Tron (Neck)
- Pickup Switching: 3-Position Toggle: Position 1. Bridge Pickup, Position 2. Bridge and Neck Pickups, Position 3. Neck Pickup
- Controls: Volume 1. (Neck Pickup), Volume 2. (Bridge Pickup), Master Volume, Master Tone
- Knobs/Hardware: G-Arrow, Chrome Hardware